The Zambia Institute of Banking and Financial Services (ZIBFS) was established in 1992 with the objective of Promoting professionalism within the Banking and Financial Services Sector.
The Zambia Institute of Banking and financial services assumed all the functions initially performed by the Lusaka Branch of the Chartered Institute of Bankers, London.
The Zambia Institute of Banking and Financial Services is now an autonomous professional body with its own localised examination structure at Certificate and Diploma. The institute has now introduced a Professional Diploma in Banking & Financial Services in collaboration with The Indian Institute of Banking and Finance.
To be the premier Institute for developing and nurturing competent professionals in the banking and financial Services field
To develop professionally qualified and competent banking and financial services professionals primarily through a process of education, training, examination, counselling, consultancy and continuing professional development programmes
- To facilitate study of theory and practice of banking and financial services.
- To test and certify attainment of competence in the profession of banking and financial services.
- To collect, analyse and provide information needed by professionals in banking and financial services.
- To promote continuous professional development.
- To promote and undertake research relating to Operations, Products, Instruments, Processes, etc., in banking and financial services and to encourage innovation and creativity among financial services professionals so that they are able to face competition and succeed.