- The Zambia Institute of Banking and Financial Services (ZIBFS) was established in 1992 as a registered Society, with the main objective of promoting professionalism, ethics, professional and academic qualifications for staff working within the banking and financial services sector.
- In order to enable the Institute achieve its main objective more effectively, members proposed that the Institute be established under an ACT of Parliament in the near future.
- The proposal to enact the Institute under an ACT of Parliament was unanimously approved at the Institute’s Annual General Meeting (AGM) of 2015. The proposal to enact the Institute is aimed at promoting and protecting the integrity of the academic and professional qualifications for banking and financial services sector staff and an acceptable code of conduct at individual level, for professionals working in the banking and financial services industry in Zambia.
- The Zambia Institute of Banking & Financial Services (ZIBFS), in conjunction with one of its stakeholders, the Bankers Association of Zambia (BAZ), now invites proposals from eligible firms or independent individuals for the review of the ZIBFS legal status.
- More details on the service are provided in the Terms of Reference which are freely accessible on the download section of the ZIBFS website, www.zibfs.com
- Appropriately bound, sealed, bold labeled and duly addressed proposals as per below address should be submitted on or before Friday 2nd February 2018 at 16:30hrs, local time.
The Chief Executive Officer
Zambia Institute of Banking & Financial Services
Plot 284A, Namambozi Road, Fairview
P.O Box 35571,
Tel: +260211 237281